Veterinary Medical Clinic is Alamogordo’s oldest veterinary practice. Founded in 1958 by Dr. Edmund E. Staley, the practice is currently operated by Dr. E. Christopher Staley. Since its inception, the practice has operated on the principle that every animal deserves the finest and most comprehensive care available at a cost that the owner can afford.
Over the years, the Clinic has expanded from 1200 square feet to its current size of 4200 square feet. At the same time, the staff has grown from one veterinarian and one technician to the current staff of 12.
The Clinic became accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) in 2002. It is the only accredited hospital in Alamogordo and Otero County, and one of only 20 within the state of New Mexico.
In 2008 the Clinic became a 501(c) (3) and to date is the only full-service non-profit veterinary practice in New Mexico.